Monday, March 13, 2023

I have been painting for charity.


 My husband and I have been painting for a charity, Restore Decor .  

We paint furniture to be resold in the two shops that Restore Decor operate in Edwardsville, IL. 

The proceeds go towards many different charities.  

I also do some specialized acrylic painting for them.  So far I have painted : a beach scene on a stool, a giant sunflower on a headboard, Frank Lloyd Wright/Craftsman era motif on a magazine rack, a peacock on a bed tray.  I am currently working on another peacock motif atop a piano bench.  

 This is a photo of the beach scene on a little stool.  The idea behind this is to make more money for the charity by enhancing an otherwise bland piece of furniture. 

I guess I must be doing something right because the pieces are selling and they keep asking me to paint more!!



No comments:

I have been painting for charity.

 My husband and I have been painting for a charity, Restore Decor  .   We paint furniture to be resold in the two shops that Restore Decor o...