|baby granddaughter ,Penny|
|fall is here|
|oak leaves in the sunlight|
|the path I walk in the woods|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- flavored cream cheese spread as a glaze
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar apple sauce together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool
- I use pumpkin cream cheese spread (for bagels) and spread on top when the cake is still warm. This melts slightly and is a glaze or frosting. Omit this step if you want more of a bread.
|Penny and Miles ( he wants to have his hair the same as hers)|