Monday, October 24, 2011

Collaboration

I have been making pottery for over a year and I've started dabbling in jewelry.  What I like to make besides bowls are leaves out of clay.  I have had a few of my designs on Etsy featured in the RetroBabs Vintage shop.



I made this maple leaf necklace for the fall.  It happened to catch the eye of a wonderful artist, Barb Herb-Bonk.
She makes beaded jewelry and asked me to collaborate with her.  Barb created these designs using my pottery leaf and medallions.

I think they look fantastic and she really enhanced my work!   I am thrilled.

Making jewelry is another outlet for my pottery.
Here are the designs I came up with for the Village Artists show.  The show will be a Holiday Boutique on Dec 2-3rd in Homewood, IL.   They are located on Ridge Road and the gallery will features many artists from the group.


You can see I took a different route, than did Barb, but I tend to like simple jewelry.   I fashion these leaves and medallions out of clay slabs, hand sculpt them and then they are glazed at a high temperature in the kiln to give them that patina. 

I hope you can come to the show and celebrate the holidays with me!
A heartfelt thanks to Barb for a wonderful collaboration and using my pottery in her jewelry.
Blessings
Babs

No comments:

I have been painting for charity.

 My husband and I have been painting for a charity, Restore Decor  .   We paint furniture to be resold in the two shops that Restore Decor o...